The average puppy needs 3-4 field trips EVERY WEEK to NEW places to become adequately socialized. They need to meet an average of 25 new people every week, and an average of 8 new animals every week. Let people know that you are there to socialize, bring your treats, and reward and praise every polite interaction your dog has. Don't take for granted a puppy's natural curiosity at this stage. It starts to fade by the time they are 14 weeks old!
Check out the socializing your fellow students are doing:
- Aurora went to Michaels and school pickup!
- Indie went to Bed Bath and Beyond, and had playdates at friends' houses!
- Poe went to the bank, the police department, the post office, and many stores at Ridgehill!
- Demi rode in an elevator!
- Sacha went to a barn to see horses and chickens!
REMEMBER, THERE ARE THREE PUPPY PRIZE PACKS TO WIN BY SOCIALIZING YOUR PUPPY:
- Puppy with the most completed socialization lists: Dr Sophia Yin and Scavenger Hunt
- Puppy who turns in the most numerous photos socializing with people
- Puppy who turns in a photo of the most unique or interesting socializing situation
For tips on socializing your puppy:
For past socializing contests and ideas of places to take your puppy: