It's Time to Start Socializing!
The average puppy needs 3-4 field trips EVERY WEEK to NEW places to become adequately socialized. This means that the friendliness and confidence they show as a puppy will last and solidify as they become adults. Wariness and avoidance are natural survival instincts that will kick in as the dog ages, causing shyness, fear, and aggression. Socialization helps reduce this natural tendency!
Your puppies need to meet an average of 25 new people every week, and an average of 8 new animals every week. Let people know that you are there to socialize, bring your treats, and reward and praise every polite interaction your dog has. Don't take for granted a puppy's natural curiosity at this stage. It starts to fade by the time they are 14 weeks old!
REMEMBER, THERE ARE THREE PUPPY PRIZE PACKS TO WIN BY SOCIALIZING YOUR PUPPY:
CHECK OUT THE SOCIALIZING YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS ARE DOING:
- Bex had a dog playdate and went to Home Goods, the gym, a school and 5 Below to meet lots of people!
- Chance went to the office, met all the coworkers, a delivery person and a mailman!
- Fiver went to the mall, AC Moore, walked in the woods, met a child, an old dog, explored a clipper, and rode an escalator!
- Hazel went to Rye Beach, the pharmacy and met a bunny!
- Bonnie went to Petco and a train station!
- Sadie went to Rye Beach, Home Depot and Choice Pets for a bath!
- Duke went to Starbucks, Lord and Taylors and Rye Beach!