It's Time to Start Socializing!
The average puppy needs 3-4 field trips EVERY WEEK to NEW places to become adequately socialized. If done correctly, socializing will help the friendliness and confidence they show as a puppy last and solidify as they become adults. Wariness and avoidance are natural survival instincts that will kick in as the dog ages, potentially causing shyness, fear, and aggression. Socialization helps reduce this natural tendency!
Your puppies need to meet an average of 25 new people every week, and an average of 8 new dogs every week. Let people know that you are there to socialize, bring your treats, and reward and praise every polite interaction your dog has. Don't take for granted a puppy's natural curiosity at this stage. It starts to fade by the time they are 14 weeks old!
REMEMBER THERE ARE THREE PUPPY PRIZE PACKS TO WIN BY SOCIALIZING YOUR PUPPY:
CHECK OUT THE SOCIALIZING YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS ARE DOING:
- Winnie met some strangers and a large new dog!
- Finley went to school pick up, the pet store, and soccer practice!
- Ozzie met a male gardener!
- Eva went to see her dad in the hospital and the groomer!
- Willow had a playdate with a new dog friend!